On the last day of 2012, I’m thinking ahead to next year’s goals in the garden. What will we grow? What new structures will we build and tools will we need? What techniques should we learn in 2013? Here is my list!
- Build two new raised beds
- Keep tomato plants healthy
- Eradicate as much as possible of the following plants: english ivy, privet, honeysuckle, mint, lemon balm
- Eat or preserve at least 80% of edible crops from the yard
- Learn to pickle!
- Plant tomatoes and peppers from starts, not seeds. It’s always too much work for too little success (in my opinion)!
- Plant at least two perennial crops (asparagus? flowers in the perennial garden?)
- Grow things we’ll actually use
- Figure out a successful watering schedule
- Have fun!