I want to do a better job of recording what I’ve done when, in case it’s helpful for next year’s garden planning!
So, here’s what’s been happening this week:
- Pulled out the squash and cucumber plants
- Amended empty spots in the raised beds
- Planted round 2 of fall seeds: red chard, collards, kale, lettuce, broccoli
- Weed-whacked the yard, keeping pokeweed and goldenrod in check
What are we seeing in the garden?
- Cayenne pepper plant still growing and producing, peppers ripening
- Marigolds, goldenrod, butterfly bush blooming
- August-planted collards almost ready to eat
- Bush beans still producing!
And that’s a “snapshot” of garden activities for mid-September – I promise to post picture soon!